3a. Liberty TOUGH DOORSTM
SECURITY FEATURE #3a: COMPOSITE TOUGH DOORSTM
- Each door is laser and punch cut from one sheet of steel, then robotically folded into either a 1-inch or 1-1/2" thick door.
- Liberty's High tech computerized robotics bend each composite door.
- Insulation is installed between the outer and inside steel shells.
BENEFITS of Liberty's TOUGH DOORSTM
- Thicker composite doors increase the security and fire protection of a safe.
- Composite doors are tougher to pry due to thicker edges
- Composite doors increase the fire protection of the safe all the way to the door edge (unlike the last 2" of plate doors). This improves overall fire performance.
- Most NRA gun safe doors are produced with internal hinges. Only the top of the line NRA National Security gun safes include external hinges with 4-side bolt coverage. The UL security rating is the same on both, only the external hinge allows for a wider door swing opening.